Thursday, March 5, 2009

Yup, Still Pregnant!

(Just because I hate a post without a picture..Here is a recent pic of the kids painting pictures for the new baby room)

Thought I would post a little update, I have started to get the e-mails, phones calls and "oh I thought for sure you would have had your baby by now???" every couple of hours... Nope, I officially have 9 days left and if this little babe (yes, sex still unknown) doesn't make an appearance by the 15th, I am going to be induced... thanks goodness! It definitly beats the 14 days I went over with Brooklyn in July in PHOENIX! I'll keep you posted!

As for the rest of the family, Tyler is working hard as always and traveling quite a bit which makes for a lonely and already irritable pregnant wife, (sorry honey, hang in there)... I think this warm weather we've been having has got a bee in his bonnet... Ty is so anxious to bust out all his camping gear and hit the hills... I think he was on his computer last night for a good 3 hours looking at pictures of campsites and mapping out the trails.

Brooklyn has become quite the little helper around here... I must say having a daughter first is the most amazing thing in the world... She loves taking on the roll of "big sister" and bossing around her little brother. She is quick to remind everyone that she is already a "big" sister but will be the "biggest" sister once "her" baby arrives. She has also become quite opinionated when it comes to her clothing... I will dress her up (much to her chagrin) in the cutest little outfits for school and just when I think she looks adorably perfect she comes down in neon green leprechaun socks and blue crocs! I have learned to pick my battles!

Boston is growing up so fast, I can't believe it! I have two KIDS now, they aren't babies anymore! They are so close in age I sometimes forget that he is actually a full year younger, although you would never know, he repeats and tries everything that Brooklyn says or does. It just seems like there has always been two of them... They play so well together...The poor boy has been playing with dolls, (yes he actually has a boy American Doll) kitchens, and purses... In his defense he does load up the purses with trucks, books, little guys and fake bugs, but hey, it's winter and his sandbox and mud pit are covered in snow... I'll try not to worry!

Hope all is well, we love and miss everyone! a

13 comments:

Kels said...

I'm glad you posted, I've been wondeing and meaning to text you. Hope you are feeling well. I'm almost half way through and it already feels like forever. Wish I was due in 9 days! We'll have to come see the new baby after "it's" debut.

The Craigs said...

Hey for nine days! This is one grandma that can hardly wait.

Nate and Nicole said...

Those days just DRAG, don't they? Hang in there!

Nate and Nicole said...

Oops, I meant those LAST days.

Nate and Nicole said...

Oh, and I want to see the final product of Brooklyn and Boston's paintings!

Sarah Larsen said...

You are super cute pregger's!!!!! How fun for you guys! And I was laughing about your little boy filling up purses with trucks and cars...my son STILL likes to put on all my shoes (heels especially) and parade around the house....ah, boys!!!!!

tiffany garfield said...

Hey, man those last days are crazy-so much pressure! haha. Everyone wants the baby to come and you more than anyone! I'm so excited to find out what you're having. I'm going to guess it's a girl. Brooklyn has to have a sister, right?! What a cute idea to have them paint for the babies room! I may have to try that out...when the time comes. :) Well, hang in there! Good luck! Twink :)

alyssa said...

Oh Amber hang in there this last week! I've been thinking about you! We miss you guys and Can't wait to see what this new little one will look like!

Drew and Tarah said...

I am getting more and more excited for you to have this baby. But at the same time, I am getting more and more sad that I can't be there. Seriously, not fair!

Also, I agree and want to see the finished product of the kiddos paintings.

Love you lots!!!! xoxoxo

Moranda said...

Wow! already! I feel like I just heard you were pregers! we haven't seen you guys forever!!!

Candice Carter said...

What a great idea for the baby's room. You look fantastic!

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Any day right!!! Your are smallest pregnant girl ever. I already look like you do now. Not fair!

allegra said...

good luck on your delivery!
oh, and what a cute idea having the older kids paint some artwork for the baby!!! i might have to steal that idea, if we ever get another sibling around here:)