Monday, March 23, 2009

I HAVE TAKEN OVER!!!

So... my wife has totally fallen off the blo(wa)gon since having baby Taz and so, back by popular demand, I am back pinch hitting... I apologize in advance! :)

First of all, I would like to state for the record that do still have two other kids who we absolutely love unconditionally but sometimes like conditionally (just kidding... ok, not really)...

I would like to introduce you to Brooklyn the Emotional and Boston the Fearless (except when it comes to playing Monster & Bombs, Find the Monster and any other form of Monster)...


Brooklyn the Emotional and Boston the Fear(full)less have had their lives turned upside down by a cute, cuddly Trojan horse named Taz. He looked really cool when we brought him home...


But they soon discovered that instead of being another cute stuffed animal they could throw in the closet or drag behind their scooter, he is instead a (MATERNAL) BLACK HOLE!!!

(dangerously good looking - I wonder where he got that?)

... who literally sucks every moment of motherly light from their lives! They no longer are the only center of their mother's universe and so they've had to adjust... mostly by driving dad CRAZY! (just kidding, I really like the attention. they actually want to hang out with me now, rather than just calling me "mean")

Taz the (Nocturnal) Tiger meanwhile is LOVING LIFE! He sleeps, eats, %^&#s, sleeps, eats... you get the idea... and gets held and coddled constantly. What's there not to like about this place? He's eating great, sleeping phenomenally between the hours of 8am and 11pm (deja vu) and is amazingly healthy despite his coughing siblings trying to constantly infect him (to knock him off and recover their mother, no doubt! they ain't no dummies!).


As for me (for all of you who have really worried about my well being), you can take my name off the prayer roll because I am ecstatic to have reclaimed male dominance in the Carlson household. It's been a 4.5 year struggle, but we're finally across the finish line and Boston, Taz and I are not backing down!

(heaven!)

And last, but certainly not least (especially as it relates to monthly expenditures!)... Amber... is doing great! She looks phenomenal, has not yet had one mother-of-three breakdown and is quickly returning to her normal self. It's amazing how much progress she has already made in less than a week (she's even had time to hit the beach!)

(sexy momma!)

I hope all is well... thank you again for all of the love and support this last week!

TC

4 comments:

Tara said...

Tye, You are great!!!! Maybe the men should do the blogging in the house. And yes he is dashingly handsome, just like his daddy. Congrats Dad! Can you believe how freakin' old we are getting, seems like yesterday we were playing in Grandma's canal.

Sarah Larsen said...

Ha Tyler you really are good at this!! I laughed out loud ALOT!!!!!

Drew and Tarah said...

1st- can i please tell you how bitter i am that ambs is prego in that bikini picture and she looks AMAZING!!?!!?!?

2nd- hilarious blog. glad to hear everyone is holding up and little taz is such a sweetie!

3rd- the more and more i look at his pics, i think taz looks so much like amber. maybe not amber at 25..but amber as a kid for sure. that's my opinion.

4th- i miss all three of my little buddies!!!!

Emily Sue said...

I love when you blog Tyler, no offense Amber. Tyler just likes to use expletives in every post, I literally laugh out loud. Thanks for he update, can't wait till Easter to see that cute baby.