Sunday, May 4, 2008

Womens Conference 2008

This past weekend, my friends (both old and new) had our annual girls trip to Provo for Womens Conference 2008! We seriously had a BLAST! Although I was so excited to see my hubby and kids again, I'm so sad the weekend has already come and gone! Before we arrived we received our booklets outlining our weekend... When we received the booklet it said the final speaker was going to be announced... It ended up being President Thomas S. Monson! It was such an amazing treat! He is such an amazing speaker and you could feel his spirit so strong! The room was silenced as he and his sweet wife were walking in and suddenly the room broke into "We Thank Thee O' God for a Prophet.. It was such an amazing and memorable experience..

Thanks girls for such a memorable, hilarious (my abs and cheeks are still recovering from laughing so hard our 3rd trip through Krispy Kreme and our new friend "Roy" at the front desk!) and spiritual weekend! I wish I would have taken more pictures, but I always felt so guilty when we would ask a random stranger to take our picture and we would bust out 6 cameras! I will be stealing more pictures off of Molly's blog in the next few days! Love and miss you all already! Can't wait for WC 2009!

Kristen, Chelsea, Molly and Amber
Temple Square was so pretty with all the spring flowers, trees & brides... Ahh! I had a little stroll down memory lane while we were walking the grounds.. This is where Tyler and I were both engaged and married
Our third Krispy Kreme Run!Molly and I on campus..The Marriott Center!
Molly LOVES this picture!
Molly, Katie, Amber, Tricia and Kristen @ Magelby's Fresh! (Thanks to David Theurer for taking the pic)
Molly and I @ Temple Square!
Some of my favorite quotes from the weekend...
"Find joy in the journey NOW! Do not procrastinate the things that matter most, do NOT save things for special occasions..Someday and one day must be removed from our vocabularies because one day each of us will run out of tomorrows!" Thomas S. Monson

"When we come to the end of our rope, tie a knot and hang on!" Thomas S. Monson

"If you have children at home, now is the time to be with them. The Lord promises that you will have time to do the things that you desire to do, or that those desires will simply leave you..." Sheri Dew

9 comments:

Brecken said...

girls trips are the best! I have two that I go on every year and they never can come soon enough.

Drew and Tarah said...

looks so fun! i love your hair! 6 more days till the cruise!!!!!

Drew and Tarah said...

looks so fun! i love your hair! 6 more days till the cruise!!!!!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

What fun! I wish I could have gone to Women's conference oh well next year maybe! Hey my cell is broken (I had a little problem at Elich) so email me or call me about the zoo!

Anonymous said...

Fun to see the pic's. I too can't wait for WC 2009. Glad Molly introduced us! Miss Ya!
Kristin

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Amber,
I had no idea you were there too! We should have said hi for at least a second. You're going on your cruise already. You are one busy girl. So the girl Katie in your picture I went to high school with I;m pretty sure. Small world.

Sunny Jo said...

How fun that you had a little girls trip!! I really wanted to go to the conference this year, but couldn't make it happen in time!! I'm sad that you saw Destiny, cause I was actually supposed to go with her!! :( Anyways, you look so cute in all your pics!!:)

Brittany said...

I love girls trips! It's so nice to get away, relax, etc. and then fun to get back to your hubby and kids! Looks like you guys had fun! You should try education week at the Y it's the best! Love the quotes, especially Sheri Dew's... she's fabulous!

Drew and Tarah said...

Did I mention already that I hate both you AND kasey because you have amazing hair and I somehow got the shaft in the fam...big time!?!?! (I'm a little bitter about this lately!) :) :)