Friday, May 23, 2008

Trip to Arizona!

As many of you have heard and for those of you who haven't we had planned on going on a Western Carribean Cruise with my family this past week.... Well long story short about 3 days before we were set to sail, my older sister called to confirm that they were going to be putting a port-a-crib into her cabin for her 5 month old Maddux... The lady on the phone so kindly notified my sister that infants under the age of 6 months are not allowed on any Cruise Ship... Ahh!!! So everyone went into panic mode, my poor dad pleaded with the Cruise line for hours to see if they would make an exception and the verdict was a big NO! So nobody felt right about leaving my sis and her adorable little family behind so we postponed the trip until Maddox will be old enough and we can all go together as a family! So we are now counting down to August 17th when we will board (as my kids call it) the big boat!

The week turned out to be a blast anyway cause we packed up and headed to the desert to visit my family!! Were feeling pretty lucky because now were able to have 2 vacations with the Craig Clan this summer! Here are some pics of our quick trip to Phoenix!

We waited about 45 minutes to get a bite of this bundle of joy!

Yum! Yum!
Desert Breeze Park!
My nephew Maddux!
Molly , Landon, Brooklyn and I! (yes, Brooklyn is naked...go figure!!)
With the Pickett's!
Bossy having a moment with a tree!
Look how cute Maddox looks in those glasses! Sorry Aunt Kakie! Better wear your glasses next time if you want to make the pic!
Ty and I!
Don't let this lush tree fool you, this is one of 6 green tree's in the Phoenix Area! Wink, Wink!
Enjoying Grandma and Bop Bop's pool! This picture was taken at approximately 6:30 am, my kids would wake up, rip off their PJ's and come into our bed with their swimsuits ready to go!
A little potty training! Any suggestions? I'm dying a slow death here!

7 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Sprinkles is the best. They have one in Newport that we go to all the time!!! Dude P training is the worst thing that a parent has to do. Matt can't understand how they don't come with this knowledge. Good luck!!

ABSOLUTELY NORMAL CHAOS said...

happy birthday!!!

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Are Sprinkles cupcakes worth it? I really want to know. When is your birthday?

Heather McMullin said...

HAPPY BELATED B-DAY!! I meant to call you yesterday and then.....I forgot....imagine that. You are as beautiful as ever!! I am glad you had fun in AZ.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Well I am glad to know I missed your birthday!! I'm a great friend what can I say?? Sorry we totally flaked out yesterday!! James is still walking around like an 80 yr old man so I guess it's good we stayed home!!!

tiffany garfield said...

It looks like you had a fun trip! I need to remember to go by sprinkles next time I'm in the area. Any dessert that is worth a 45 minute wait is something I can definetly make the time to check out. I love the picture of you guys and Maddox in the glasses! Adorable! I love your purse too--what brand is it? I'm always looking for cute long strapped purse. Glad you had fun and from the other comments it looks like you had a Birthday---HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

Kristen said...

I can't believe that you had to postpone your trip over THAT. What's the big difference between a 5 and 6 month old anyway?

I'm glad you got a fun trip instead!