Saturday, March 15, 2008

FAMILY UPDATE!

Okay, I feel terrible that I don't actually blog about anything thats going on in our lives..It's just so much quicker to whip out some pics and a couple little blurbs...So here is a little update as to what in the heck we are up to here in Colorado!

Brooklyn (3 1/2) is growing up to be the cutest strawberry blonde, girly-girl, princess that I have ever seen! She is always helping out around the house, changing Bossy's diapers (which usually ends up being a total DISASTER), cleaning everything (and I mean everything!) with her Windex and she is VERY quick to let mom know when her brother is being a "bad boy"! She has been at Eastlake Montessori for 8 months now and I can't believe the things that she has learned. She can read and write almost every letter in the alphabet and is now "teaching" her brother so he will be "smart" when he starts Montessori next year. I can't believe our little princess (actually I shouldn't say little because our doctor projects her height to be 6ft tall! Any hints on stunting growth?) is going to be turning 4 this July! Wow!

Boston (2 1/2) is SOOOO cute! He is the most mild tempered, polite, sensitive little guy around... I am sure Tyler is loving the fact that I am referring to his first born Man Child as polite and sensitive, but hey, what more could a Mom ask for? Right? He absorbs EVERYTHING that his sister does and looks up to her so much! He is a HUGE Thomas The Tank Engine fan and knows the names of every engine and car! Although I am always raving about what a good kid he is, he definitly knows how to make a mess!! See past posts on "Mr. Messy..." He is a BOY and I hear these little messes won't even compare to the messes I am going to be sorting out in about 12 years...I'll take an entire tub of aquafore ground into the carpet.... for now!

Tyler is the busiest, smartest, most hard working guy around... He is still working part time for Evergreen Devco out of Phoenix (he travels every other week) and working at Carlson & Assoc. with his Dad at the Eastlake office.. He LOVES what he does, and despite the weak market, still manages to pay for the $200 shoes that I had been hiding from him for almost 2 months! (Which he finally discovered under the seat of my car and needless to say, they quickly found their way back to Nordstroms! I know I know $200 shoes..what was I thinking?) Tyler has spent most of his free time over the past 3 months either a) playing Nintendo Wii b) skiing or c) reading... He continues to amaze me with his ability to balance everything he has going on and being the best husband and daddy around...

As for me, I manage to stay busy entertaining my little tykes, traveling back and forth to CA & AZ to see my newest little nephews and family (I became an Aunt x2 this past year), scrap booking, shopping, cleaning, decorating and blogging...We are so excited for the summer to come so we can play in the new playground and pool across the street! Until then we will manage to get through the frigid winter (I am having a hard time acclimating since moving from Southern Cali) as we count down the days (60 to be exact) until we set sail to the Caribbean with my family in May and for England with the Carlsons in July! I feel like we are finally 95% moved in and settled... If I could only get my Big Bird yellow bathroom under control, I would say 100%... I am still the happiest, luckiest girl around and feel the Lord has blessed us so much in our lives... A

5 comments:

Drew and Tarah said...

i miss you guys! come visit!!

Trina said...

Ok, seriously that shoe story is so funny! I always think about doing that but havn't quite got up the guts. Anyways good to hear about your family!

Jen said...

I got my invite to the party in the mail today. Great job! They look awesome.

tiffany garfield said...

Hey! Great family update--it's fun to hear how you're doing. You had me laughing with the shoe thing and I love that you've named your bathroom after Big Bird! hilarious!

Molly said...

Yeah! I love the update on your family! I miss you- now if I could only live next door and swim and play at the park with you this summer! I'm coming to visit! Take a pic of your invite and post it- I want to see them! Miss you!