Sunday, April 25, 2010

Just Taking A Nap

Last night our family went out to dinner at Olive Garden and I nearly died laughing at yet another one of Boston's funny sayings...

Right when our food arrived, as usual, Boston announced that he had to go to the bathroom. Amber gave me the "I'm 8.95 months pregnant" look, which loosely translates to "I hate you for getting me pregnant AGAIN, I can't move out of this booth with a baby in my stomach so take your boy to the bathroom." Seeing my domestic self interest, I obliged and off we went to the men's room...

In a gesture of solidarity I went into the stall with Bos since the urinals were too tall and I stood guard at the door while he dropped his drawers and attempted to pee. I'm still unclear as to what happened next... whether it was stage fright, a long fuse, hang-fire, etc... but for whatever reason he experienced technical difficulties.

After a couple of seconds he turned around with a concerned look on his face, started to pull up his pants and said, "it's okay, I'll just try again later..."

Bewildered, I reassured him and said... "it's okay buddy, go ahead and try again, we're not in a rush..."

Bos then re-assumed the position and almost immediately things started to flow... upon which he breaks out laughing out loud and says in a eureka moment...

"Oh geez dad, I guess it (referring to his unit) was JUST TAKING A NAP!"

Needless to say, I was hysterical. I love that boy.

TC

5 comments:

Laura said...

good luck with #4! we'll be thinking about you! your kids are so darling!

cant wait to check out the new ag store in denver! i had no idea! we're coming to visit craig and sheri in july and I'm not sure if I want to tell my girls it's there or not? we always end up doing brunch with the dolls when we go and we just did the whole "event" in ny over thanksgiving...i think twice in a year is too much! that place is amazing though!

when you get a chance - let me know who your photographer is in denver that does all the darling photos of your kids!

Melinda Lindahl said...

HILARIOUS! Gotta love those kids for their cute humor. Good luck with #4!

tiffany garfield photography said...

hahaha THAT IS FUNNY! love it! Hilarious!

Clara D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clara D said...

I am Brazilian and by chance found your blog. Actually I did not understand almost nothing you wrote HAHAH but I saw all the photos and found your family at very nice indeed! Congratulations. Love, American.
observation: in google translate to make that comment. Hahahha, kisses