Monday, April 12, 2010

American Girls and Broken Hearts


Brooklyn could hardly wait for the grand opening of the American Girl Store here in Denver... She had been talking about it for weeks upon weeks... She even wanted me to camp outside the night before so we could be the first ones in the store. After considering that for half a second, (not exactly ideal when it's 20 degrees out and you're 8 months pregnant) we decided to wake up at 6:00 AM and head down to park Meadows! When we arrived I was SHOCKED! There was literally 3500 girls waiting in line. Apparently I totally underestimated the magnitude of the store opening! After waiting about an hour and moving about a foot I broke the news to Bryn that it wasn't going to happen... We packed up, cried the entire way home about what a terrible and mean mom I was and then proceeded to tell everyone that we spoke to for the rest of the weekend how I didn't let her camp at the AG store so it was my fault we didn't get in... Wow! We later found out that people waited 8 hours and never actually made it into the store... Seriously? As promised, I took her back the following Tuesday, where we waited about 15 minutes in the 65 degree weather and finally got in! Brooklyn was in heaven and has been playing with Kit and her other AG's for 2 weeks straight! This is as close as the girls were able to get to the store at the Grand Opening....

Brooklyn and Kit and her loot
Kit waiting in her salon chair for her ear piercing

Brooklyn and Allison, Victory at last!

3 comments:

tiffany garfield photography said...

8 hours! You're a good Mom for even waiting an hour there in that cold. I would've seen the line and turned right around. bad huh. So glad she got her doll. SHe's looks adorable. :)

Drew and Tarah said...

Brookie looks SOOOO much like you in those pics! Too cute! I love it!

Andrew and Tawny said...

This makes me want a GIRL so bad. Ask my mom how much I LOVED my AG dolls growing up! Wow what I would have done for a matching outfit. Watchout Andrew when we get our first girl! haha