Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mishap at Montessori!

So this past Thursday Brooklyn had her last day (for the school year) at Eastlake Montessori!! What?? I can' t believe my little baby girl finished her first year of pre-school! It seems like just last week we were driving our little bundle home from the hospital! Wow!

It took Brooklyn and I a couple months to get into the swing of the early morning hustle to get her out the door, the plastic bags of her pee soaked clothes when I arrived to get her (for the first month or two), the less than ideal 50 minute round trip drive to Thornton to pick her up and the impact tuition had on my shopping habits -- but in the end it was worth every minute and dollar... Nothing is more important to Tyler and I than our kids education!

Friday was the end-of-year Montessori Picnic at the Park where the kids put on a program for their parents... Much to my amusement and Ty's chagrin Brooklyn would not stand where she was supposed to stand, move her lips to form even one word, wear her flower lei, hold her drum sticks and insisted on sitting on Mrs. Walkers lap the entire time! I wonder where she picked up such adversity to public attention?? Haha! This year has been so great for Brooklyn, I am continually amazed at the things she has learned both mentally and socially! I am a HUGE proponent of the Montessori program and couldn't be more pleased with the results!

Saba, Brooklyn, Leyla, Zane and Ryan
Bix and her buddies!

Being Shy!
Leyla and Brooklyn

7 comments:

Nate and Nicole said...

She is getting so old! The pictures of her with her little friends (including cutie Zane) are darling.

Tara said...

Wow, were did she get that shy thing from. She is so beautiful! Congrats, too bad we have to get older with them! Hope all is well in CO! Love you guys.

Drew and Tarah said...

hahaha! she is such a mini-amber!! so cute!

Stephanie said...

She looks so grown up with her little friends at school--so adorable! It was really fun to see you when you were in Phoenix. You'll have to come back again soon!

Mark and Mel said...

Hey you, you would know if I were pregnant because there wouldn't be any posts on my blog for about three months! :) Ha. How's life? Your kids are so cute and growing up! Can you believe Brooklyn and Halle are almost four? Crazy! Anyway, hope you are doing well! Love ya!

Kathy Twitchell said...

Cute blog....I don't know if you remember me but I was in the Brighton ward. Anyway I was blog surfing during my class and saw your blog...so cute and cute kids!!

Heather said...

YAY for no more tuition....for the summer at least. Are the Carlsons going to be on the lake this year? We hope to see you there!!