Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bean in the Brain?

Yesterday my kids and I ran into Anthropologie to grab a pair of shoes for my sister in law for our upcoming trip to London... Since I have nearly 2000 things to do before we depart on this much needed vacation I swore I would be in and out of the store in 5 minutes so that I would have a chance to get everything else I had to do done... So, I grab the shoes and head for the checkout.. While I am paying I let my kids jump out of the stroller to stretch their legs... the next thing I know... Brooklyn is reporting to me that Boston has crammed a "bean" up his nose... Yep, you heard right...a bean! (In case you don't know the store Anthropologie very well, they have a display rack that holds all of their hardware & knobs, underneath them they have all these little beans to make it look cute and decorative..) So the Anthro sales lady and I spend the next 10 minutes locating a flashlight so we can determine whether or not he actually has shoved the "nut" as he is now calling it up his nose.. I couldn't see anything , so I called the DOC and she informed me that there was a chance he could "snort" the bean into his lungs and then we would have a much bigger problem.... You can only imagine what happened next... I got NOTHING done the rest of the day because I spent the afternoon in the Doctors office having the bean extracted from Bossy's nose... It was a little traumatic, for both of us..But i am already laughing about it... I feel like I have been inducted into the "Mommy Hall of Nightmares..."

Here are the pictures I took on my phone of the whole ordeal...

Bossy preparing for the big "extraction"

14 comments:

JoEllen said...

That is sooo funny....and sad at the same time! Boys will be boys...

Stephanie said...

oh my gosh, Amber! That does sound very traumatic, but it made me laugh. Why did Boston think that was a good idea? Silly kids!

P.S. I think you are the most diligent blogger that I know. Thanks for always giving me something to read about!

Nate and Nicole said...

Oh poor Bossy! Hopefully he learned his lesson :).

Okay, and you're making me nervous since I'm not feeling like I have a ton to do to get ready for London. Am I missing something?! :)

Tara said...

I am not sure how these children survive each day! What a cute story.

Drew and Tarah said...

oh man, bossy cracks me up. can't wait to see them!!!

Lorie said...

Wow, that's really funny! That's something you see in the movies, but I didn't realize it actually happened. I'm glad he's okay.

tiffany garfield said...

What is it with boys and sticking things up their nose? I remember when Brock did that with a Blue Jelly bean and we only found out because one nostril was dripping blue! haha. I'm glad he's ok and it didn't go to the lungs because that really would have been a nightmare! London is going to be so fun! It's such a great place! I'm excited for you guys! :)

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

When is your London trip? We are in town but I think you leave soon.

Curteis said...

ohmygosh! so funny! I just heard a Calhoun family story from my brother-in-law about how my sister-in-law shoved a band-aid up her nose when they were kids and it was in there for weeks! can you imagine! - anyway, the extraction story on that one was pretty gross- good thing brooklyn was there to catch it right away, that's all I have to say! :) have fun in London! so fun!

The Bonds said...

Funny! You will definately have many more of these great experiences in your life. Hope all is well with your family, Tricia

Jen said...

Wow, I think you have been inducted in the super mom hall of fame.

Tiff G. said...

Poor Boston, good thing he didn't snort! I don't know what it is about Anthro, but this last winter when I was in there, Ryder fell out of his stroller face first and bite through his tongue, blood was everywhere and he even threw-up! Mall security called the ambulance and away we went to the ER. Poor Anthro people had a huge mess to clean up! That place is jinxed!

Anonymous said...

Go yankees! :)

mamone said...

I'm freaking laughing my A off right now!! At least your child didn't fall out of the shopping cart skull first only to result in a swollen shut black eye and mild retardation. -Tara