Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dreams & Goals for 2008

Okay, I know most of you are not interested in my dreams and goals for 2008, but since blogging is the only sort of journaling that I do, you're going to have to bear with me! For some reason I feel that if I post it for all to see, I feel somewhat accountable and might actually stick to them!

1. I promised my older much more fit sister that I would run the "Bolder Boulder" with her this May...Wish me luck, I can't run to the mailbox and back without a breather!

2. To be more patient with my kids!! I sometimes get a little anal and "neat" when it comes to my kids imagination and creativity... Yes, I am one of those Moms who can't stand to have their kid color out of the lines or mix the colors while they are painting.... I'm the Mom that tears down the pillow and blanket fort 20 minutes after it's built because it makes my family room look messy! I know, I know..this is a problem!

3. I want to get my Phlebotomy Certification up to date so that I will be able to work at the Draw Lab once both my kids start Montessori in the fall..

4. Travel to Europe with my husband and NO kids! I have a little anxiety about leaving them... I am the mother that drug my little Brooklyn to China when she was 3 months old because I have a serious case of separation anxiety!

5. Lose the last 10 pounds of my Boston baby weight! I have been using the fact that I had two babies 14 months apart as my excuse...My BABY is going to be 3 this year, I think I need to lose the weight or find another excuse!

6. Read the Scriptures with my husband every night... (Yes honey, you read that right!!) I usually tend to fall asleep before we get through the first verse.. Oops!

7. Get organized! I have a friend that is a true inspiration! (Yes, you Molly) Every time I go to her house or even when she comes to mine, I leave thinking... Wow! I wish i was as organized as her! Yes, Molly this is the year!

8. To stop being so selfish and start thinking about having another baby... Maybe I can get pregnant Dec. 31st of 2008..... So we might have a baby by September of 2009! Haha!

9. Show my husband how much I love an appreciate how much he does for our family! Honey, you're the best! I am so lucky to have you!

10. To learn to snow ski without one tear! I admit, I hate to be COLD and uncomfortable so there is always at least one breakdown on the slopes! This is the year to buck up and get it done so my hubby and I can enjoy an outdoor sport together!

wish me luck! a

10 comments:

Lyndsey said...

My favorite is number 8!! I was laughing here out loud. Dude, my kids are 21 months apart and I am not having another kid until one or maybe both are in Kindergarten or at least an all day pre-school!! I am only kinda kidding....I wouldn't even blame ya if you said that you were done cuz I think about it all the time. hahah Miss you guys, did I tell you that my sister, Whitni, is moving to CO....that means that I might just see ya sometime in 2008!!

Heather McMullin said...

Amber if you lost 10 pounds you would dissappear.

Stephanie said...

Those are all good goals. If you figure out how to get ridiculously organized then let me know. And, um...where could you possibly be hiding an extra 10 pounds?!

Drew and Tarah said...

good job sister...i need to write my goals down too, so maybe i will copy you and blog it! by the way, i think you will be pleasantly surprised at how very very very not in shape i am right now...i don't think i could WALK to the mailbox, so you are a step ahead if you can run. love you

Ryan & Keri said...

Amber, you've grown up so much. It's so cool that you're a mom of two, and you really seem to love your family and be so happy. I forgot that we were 8th grade lab partners. I now recall the day you broke the thermometer right after we learned how poisonous the mercury was. It was pretty hilarious! That seems like forever ago. Ryan and I just moved our little family to Texas. Ryan is completing is student teaching this semester and then he'll be able to teach chemistry and p.e. He also plans on coaching football here. The coaches have already spoken with him, and he'll start this semester. The plan is to get on with a university eventually. I graduated from USU in 2005 in BIS:OSS. I telecommuted to Denver for about 18 months, but with my second pregnancy I needed to just be home. I had a lot of health issues. Now, I stay home full-time, and I love it! Anyway, I didn't have your email, so I left this in the comments. Keri

Kaitlyn said...

Hi Amber, Thanks for stopping by our blog and saying hi. I've heard so many great things about all of the Carlsons from the Krainiks, so it's fun to read your blog and get to know your cute little family a little bit.
-Kaitlyn
P.S. Great Resolutions, I still need to set mine!

The Bergesons said...

Amber, i love you! You make me laugh. I need to get on the resolutions thing too! When will I see you guys next?..skippy or queen need to get married! :)haha...i miss you! maybe you will be visiting provo soon?! i hope you and the fam are happy, healthy, and doing well! take care..say hi to Tye and the kids!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

I love that you put your goals on here!! I should follow your example and perhaps I would follow through with mine as well. As for losing weight your kidding right?? Yeah, I thought so!!! :)

The Lind's said...

Amber,
You crack me up! 10 pounds! Yeah right! You are tiny! You are brave to think of having 3 kids. I am too scared! I only have 2 hands! but then again I love the baby age! I enjoyed reading your goals for 2008! I miss seeing you guys. Becca

Tisha said...

great goals! I'm totally with you on the snowskiing goal (well snowboarding in our family) curteis would LOVE for me to learn and be totally into it, but my perfect vision is he and the kids on the slopes while I hang out in the lodge reading peacefully the whole day instead of freezing my rear off! let me know how that one goes!