Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas 2009

Since I fell just short of winning the "Mother of the Year Award" for taking thousands of pictures in 2009 (yeah right), I thought I might keep up the trend and post the few pictures I actually took (or Tyler actually took) of Christmas this year... My relationship with my cheap camera has been struggling over the past 9 months and we finally decided to kick that puppy to the curb and find a decent replacement... it's on it's way, can't wait!

This year with 3 kiddos and 1 on the way (yes, still a shocker) we decided that a Christmas at home might not be a bad idea... We did a traditional Christmas Eve with the Carlson's at Grandma Shirleys where she had Chic-Fil-A and Dave's BBQ catered, why doesn't everyone do that? Yum! Although I have been part of this Carlson Christmas tradition for 8 years now the pile of gifts under Grandma's tree never ceases to amaze me! She is one amazing lady! I can't believe the time, love and effort she puts into making each and every one of her loved ones feel special year after year! Boston scored a PlayMobile Castle and Pirate Ship and Brooklyn her usual American Girl loot... Of course Ty and I were spoiled as well... Thanks Grandma!

Brooklyn and Allison with their matching American Girl Loot
Brooklyn was Amazed when Santa actually showed up early at Grandmas....
Listening to the Carlson Kids Talent Show
Watching for Santa's Reindeer out the window
The gift pile (I couldn't even fit it all in the picture)

We had a quick Christmas with Clarkie, Grandma Jo and Jayci before we headed off to Arizona in the morning. Boston's favorite gift was his Ant Farm and Brooklyn toted her Matching Game everywhere we went for days after... Jo Ellen always hosts a small Birthday Party for Jesus with Candles, Cake and Gifts.. I love this tradition, it's such a fun way to teach the kids about the true meaning of Christmas...
Jesus Birthday Party
Boston checking out the nativity at Grandma Jo's
The kiddos in their Christmas Outfits ready to head to Grandmas
Taz and Jayci (with Skip on a mission and all the other kiddos married and with the In-laws, Jayci is the only one left home, but we loved having her around, the kids adore her....and so do I)



Christmas afternoon we jumped on a plane and headed to Arizona to spend some time with my family who anxiously waited for us to arrive to open gifts... My kids were spoiled again and luckily my parents gave us a suitcase set for Christmas so we could haul it all home! We had so much fun playing in the desert with my parents, sisters and Maddux, did some catching up with old friends, shopping, and made lots of lemonade from the lemon tree in my parents back yard! Tyler got in a round of golf with the boys and we actually went a full week without Ty's laptop or him disappearing off to his Phoenix office, a miracle in itself! Sadly, this is the ONE picture I took in AZ before my camera decided it was done...Hopefully I can get a few from my Sisters and add them in later...

Overall we had an amazing Christmas and are so grateful for all the thoughtful Christmas Cards and gifts we received from all our family and Friends! Thank you!


No comments: