Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Warning: A very LONG post!

My little Red Head!

Wow!! I don't even know where to start... yikes! As you have probably noticed by now, things have been a little crazy around the Carlson house - - between traveling to Arizona to visit my family, Enrichment during the holidays, making stars, surgeries, doctor's appointments & holiday decorating I have had ZERO time to sit down and post!! Wow! Here is a quick re-cap of November 2008 through today...

We traveled to Arizona (and of course I forgot my camera) to spend time with my family because this is the Carlson Christmas Year... Thanksgiving dinner was so fun (except for those suffering from the Stomach Flu) as we all prepared a dish & dessert, (including all the men, this was the best part!) from our childhood... The following morning my sisters got up at 4am and went shopping... Amazing how pregnancy can totally diminish the excitement of shopping! Haha! Tyler is not complaining! The following day we were able to meet up with some of our best friends from Grad School the Copples and meet their new addition Drew! Brooklyn loved being able to see her long lost partner in crime Talli Chicken while the rest of us devoured our Cafe Rio! Yum!

In my Mom's Kitchen preparing our dishes!All the girls (including BC) checking out the ads for Black Friday!

While in Arizona (I apologize to those who have heard this story multiple times but for my own journal I need to write it down) we were out running some errands and my Mom needed to make a quick stop at Michael's... by this point in the errand running I was tired and so were my kids so we decided to stay in the car and let her run in... Meantime a good friend of mine called from Colorado wanting to borrow something from my kitchen...As I was explaining to her in which cupboard she would likely find it in, Bryn unbuckles herself and proceeds to open and close my Mom's sunroof.... Frustrated because it is pouring rain (which happens 2 days a year in AZ) I yell at her to close the sunroof and leave it closed... Unannounced to me, Boston has also climbed out of his car seat and has his right hand gripping the edge of the sunroof.. Long story long... Brooklyn did as I said and closed the sunroof with 4 of Bostons little fingers in it! The window locked up and was completely jammed so tight that his fingers were beginning to turn purple.. I thought for sure he was going to lose all four fingers.. Just picture me, pregnant in the pouring rain sitting on the roof of my Mom's car trying to loosen his fingers, outside of Michael's hysterical explaining to the 911 operator that my Son is stuck in a sun roof! My Mom comes out to this scene... At this point it has been about 10 minutes, several people have offered any help they could give & numerous prayers have been said... She hits the button one last time to see if it would release and it pops right open, just in time for 7 firefighters to roll up.. Wow! It was traumatic! His fingers were fine... A few minor cuts, some swelling and blisters, I doubt either of my kids will touch a sunroof again!

I was thrilled to get back to the 20 degree Colorado weather (I never thought I would say that) so I could actually put on my sweaters and jeans (NONE of my summer clothes fit at this point and wearing maternity sweaters and jeans in Arizona when it's 85 is slightly uncomfortable..yikes!) Although we had a total blast in AZ, it is always so strange to be there for the Holidays because it's so warm, I would definitely miss the seasons and the snow around the holidays!

Boston, Maddux and Brooklyn

Boston went in for a minor urology surgery (this I actually took pictures of) this past Monday.. he was such a champ..you couldn't say the same about me! Wow, was I a disaster! I was so nervous for him to be put to sleep and not being able to feed him for 24 hours... I swear this kid is going to give me an ulcer! Between pushing beans up his nose, smashing his fingers, getting his teeth knocked out and now this surgery I think he has aged me 5 years over the past 6 months! The procedure itself went great and he is healing up perfectly! There were a few complications during the surgery with his airway (nothing like an anesthesiologist coming out of a surgery to tell you your sons airway collapsed to throw you into hysterics) but he woke up a happy healthy little camper! I am just so glad it's over, I have been dreading it for months now!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey!!!! wow, girl. what a month you guys had. your family is so beautiful. hospitals are the pits....i can totally empathize. congrats on your baby. wahoo!!!!
xoxoxxo
Hill

The Craigs said...

Miss you guys!

Ryan & Keri said...

Amber, I'm so sorry to hear about Boston, but I'm glad he's okay. Wow! You have had a lot going on. Hang in there!