Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy PROXY Anniversary!

Salt Lake City 2002
Our engagement photo!

6 years ago today, Tyler proposed to me! I was so in love, so excited, so ready for this next chapter in my life... I had no idea just how lucky I was... Getting married when you're 19 (I know, scary!!!) is a bit risky and some may argue that it's too young to make such huge commitments... I'm not sure why but the Lord was definitely looking after me when he placed Tyler into my life with seamless timing over 7 years ago! I knew after our first date that I would marry this guy we all referred to as "Mr. Perfect"! (Tyler at this point just thought he was grabbing lunch at Cafe Rio with a friend and was not aware of my plans) Cheesy, but true! The past 6 years have been so amazing and I often find myself wondering why I deserve such an amazing man! I thought I would compile a small list of some of the reasons I love Tyler....
1. He brushes my hair every night while we watch TV or lay in bed talking.
2. He is SOOO helpful around the house with the kids and chores.. He was/is the oldest of six kids and his mother taught him well... Thanks Jo!
3. The fact that he now claims to be "numb" to the cost of my overpriced clothing and will often buy them for me himself without muttering one word about the price..
4. He lets me put my freezing cold feet all over him in bed.
5. He puts 110% into everything that he does... Which includes using a level, graph paper, a calculator, molly bolts and stud finder to hang a 8 x 10 picture on the wall.
6. He is the smartest person that I know and loves to learn...
7. He is dangerously good looking and doesn't realize it.
8. He watches The View, The Hills and Unwrapped and actually enjoys them.. although I know he will dispute that...
9. Writes me little love notes every morning and leaves them for me to find when I wake up...
10. How he will drive the same beat up car with 2 missing hubcaps until the wheels fall off, wear the same trial pair of disposable contacts for 3 years, rocks clothes from college and doesn't care one bit.
11. He wakes up at 5:45, runs the neighbor kids to seminary, stops to get me an Egg McMuffin and pancakes for the kids, reads his scriptures, herds both kids into the shower and then wakes me up! Told you he was Mr. Perfect!

Thanks for making me so happy and for an amazing 6 years and an eternity to follow! I love you 2,190 skittles! (the amount of days since you proposed) A

(For those of you who are wondering why I titled this our PROXY anniversary, Tyler and I were actually married December 27th... We have since decided to move our anniversary for celebration purposes to the day we were engaged, it became too tough around the holidays with family and travel schedules...)


6 comments:

The Craigs said...

WOW. There is not a better feeling then knowing your children are Happy. Happy Proxy Anniversary. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks babe! I love you so much and can't wait to see you and the kids when I get back from San Diego!

To set the record straight - AMBER changed our anniversary to our engagement date because she thought she was getting shortchanged on presents and vacations because our anniversary was too close to Christmas. I would of course NEVER be cheap on gifts or dates but I nevertheless acquiesced so my partner in crime was assured she got her fair share of presents and getaways! :)

Love you babe!

Tye

Tara said...

He is a pretty "Perfect Man" isn't he. Well he got a good one too! We love you all.

Carl Hardie said...

Yes, you two make such a great couple. I am glad you two ended up together. However, I will never forget how much fun it was to watch you flirt with each other in Tahoe.

Trina said...

wow, he does seem pretty perfect! You guys are so cute. Happy anniversary

KatieZ said...

Hi Amber, It's Katie Zaharis (Molly's friend). Congrats on your baby! You have such a cute family! Will this mean no Women's Conference next year? I hope not!