Sunday, April 6, 2008

Happy Conference Sunday!

I loved Conference this year, actually it may have been one of my favorite ever! There were so many great talks...specifically the one's about family and motherhood... lately I have been feeling a little inadequate & overwhelmed with my motherly duties and sometimes a little pep talk is all I need!

This was my favorite conference moment today given by M. Russell Ballard in his talk...

"...the biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of the three of [my children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages 6, 4 and 1. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less."

9 comments:

Drew and Tarah said...

We think so much alike! I honestly was JUST getting on here to post this, "I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less." on my blog. It was my favorite part too! You are a great mom! Love you lots!!!!

Kristen said...

Hey, I loved that talk too! It was good seeing you guys the other day, even though we got wind-beaten at the park!

Here's the link to the Broomfield consignment sale: http://broomfield.jbfsale.com/

Here's Marion's blog: http://m-mythoughts.blogspot.com/

Here's my blog:
10k10.blogspot.com

Sorry, that's lots of links! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Hey!! I loved that talk too!! I just kept thinking between screaming at my kids to be quiet... on all the things I need to work on to be a better Mother!!

The Lind's said...

That was my favorite too! I so needed to hear that talk. I love conference! Your kids are getting so big and are as cute as ever!

Ryan & Keri said...

Amber, I loved that talk too. Actually, before I read your blog, I had posted a tiny excerpt as a quote on the side of my blog. Today, I decided to post my testimony, and I hope you don't mind that I used the quote off of your blog. Anyway, have a great day! Your daughter looked so cute for her pictures!

Mark and Mel said...

Hey you, I feel like I haven't talked to you in so long. How are things? I know that all the comments on your blog have said that they loved that talk you quoted, but I totally have to agree. That talk was awesome and inspiring. I'm sure you are a great mommy! Hope you are doing well!

Lindsay said...

Hey Amber,

I am not much of a blogger and I just got your comment on our blog. My wife made it private so email me your email address so I can add you to our blog list.

PatrickKoelling@gmail.com

So good to hear from you and catch up from your blog.

Pat Koelling

Erin Ann said...

That was a lovely quote. I really enjoyed conference as well this year! Thanks for your comments....when are we all getting together again? I think it should happen sooner than later

Brecken said...

I loved this quote as well. A good reminder.
From all the pictures on your blog it looks to me like you're a great mom.