Thursday, July 9, 2009

Elder Carlson


Yesterday was a tough day for me... My little brother in law "Skip" left on his mission... He has been the little brother that I never had but always wanted... He called us about 5 minutes before he went into the MTC and had a chance to talk to Boston on the phone, Boston told him (unprovoked) that he wanted him to be a good missionary & that he knew he would be... that he would miss him and how he will be be bigger than him when he comes home... I am so grateful for his example and the impact his decision to go on a mission has made on my little Boston, who someday will be making a decision whether to go on a mission himself - - I hope he remembers how proud he was to say goodbye to his Uncle Skip...

Skip will be serving in the San Diego, CA -- ASL (American Sign Language) Mission

1 comment:

The Waldrams said...

Cool! We are in San Diego now, and I think there is an ASL branch that meets in our building. If I ever see him, I'll make sure he's doing good.